Sunday, December 9, 2007

Corn Puddin'

Being from the North, I had never heard of this until I moved to North Carolina. I am soooo glad and upset to have been introduced to this dish.................glad because it is so good, and upset for the effect this super yummy dish will have on my waist line :-) This dish was more like corn bread, but I am sure it was over-cooked. We had a ton of dishes to be cooked in the oven, and this was one we cooked first and then had to reheat it. Many of the reviews on allrecipes.com say that it does come put more like pudding, so I will have to try it again and update.


Easy Corn Pudding
(Source: Allrecipes.com)

1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1/4 pound butter, softened
1 (8.5 ounce) package corn bread mix1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in 2 quart casserole dish, and place dish in oven until melted.

Remove casserole dish and add creamed corn, kernel corn, corn muffin mix and sour cream. Mix well, and bake uncovered for about 30-40 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home