Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sweet Potatoes

I am a nurse, and one of my patients asked me what dish do I have to have, in order for my thanksgiving to be complete. My answer................sweet potatoes! I love them mashed with butter, maple syrup and cream......nice and fattening! This is one of my favorite recipes, and a good ole' tried and true favorite! I found this new version on allrecipes.com. Here it is, with my alterations!

Oh, and please forgive some of the pictures for being so dark.......they are my rookie blog pics :-)



Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes(adapted from allrecipes.com)

4 large sweet potatoes
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup chopped pecans
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Place sweet potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake for about 45 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before peeling and placing into a large bowl.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.

Mash the warm potatoes along with butter, cream, vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1 cup chopped pecans, and eggs. Spread mashed sweet potato into the prepared baking dish.
Mix together 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine, pecans, brown sugar, and flour. Crumble on top of sweet potato mixture.

Bake sweet potatoes in preheated oven until thoroughly hot, 30 to 35 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home