Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Infamous Crack Dip

Or, as I have renamed it........the O.M.G dip, because that is all I kept saying it at I shoveled this into my mouth! Soooo good. I had never poached chicken before this dish, and I was a bit skeptical about doing it. But, glad I tried it out, because it is definitely not what I thought it would be.

I frequent a chat room on www.thenest.com, called What's For Dinner. It is a bunch of newlywed ladies all over the world who love to cook, bake and talk about food. We love to share recipes, and I have found so many recipes I want to make, and this is one of them! This said chat room is probably not the best place for someone like me, with a food obsession and all, but I love it!

This dip was so good, and very popular! Everyone loved it and everyone asked for the recipe. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, before everyone started inhaling it. But I will definitely be making it again, so i will update this with a picture when I make it again!

I used the basics from this recipe, from allrecipes.com, making quite a few changes. I did not want it to be very spicy, so this recipe is perfect for those who do not need really hot wings. Just enough to be buffalo wing-like with a bit of a kick, but not too much that you cannot enjoy it!!


Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (see preparation below)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot
3/4 cup blue cheese dressing
1 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

I poached 2 chicken breasts (a 1 lb package of chicken breasts) in 1 1/2 cups of white wine, 1 1/2 cups of water and a teaspoon of salt. I boiled the chicken in the above mixture for about 25 minutes. I set the chicken on a platter and let it cool. Then I shredded the chicken in a bowl.


Mix cream cheese and Frank's Red Hot until well blended. Then add the blue cheese dressing, chicken and 1/2 cup of the cheese to the mixture; mix well. Spread mixture on the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top.

Place baking on a cookie sheet prior to placing in oven. (This is so the cookie sheet can catch any cheese that may bubble over the side of the dish). Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with celery sticks and tortilla chips. Enjoy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home