Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My first Rachel Ray recipe!

So, I was catching up on a lot DVR'd cooking shows on our Christmas vacation, and came across this Spaghetti and Meatball "Stoup". I am not huge fan of RR (I actually find her quite annoying, with the whole evoo and "stoup") but she has some great recipes! So, when I saw the episode with this recipe, I immediately had a craving for it!

It is as good as it looked on the show! I did modify it quite a bit, because of DH's dairy allergy. Instead of meatballs, I just sauteed the ground turkey in a pan, and added it to the pot. I also added stewed tomatoes and diced tomatoes. My version is a bit thick, like a stew. I would probably eliminate the carrots next time...........we are not fans of cooked carrots. The original recipe can be found on foodnetwork.com; click on the link below. I am posting my lactose free version.

Spaghetti and Meatball "Stoup"


2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 carrot, peeled and chopped into a small dice
1 medium yellow skinned onion, chopped
2 small ribs celery from the heart, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups tomato sauce
3 cups chicken stock
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
1/2 pound spaghetti, broken in half
1 cup basil leaves, torn or shredded


Preheat a medium soup pot over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, carrots, onions, celery, garlic and saute 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and stock and cover pot. Turn up heat and bring to a fast boil. Then bring to a simmer.

While soup simmers, saute ground turkey in a pan; scramble. When fully cooked, add scrambled turkey to pot. Bring back to a boil then stir in spaghetti. Reduce the heat and simmer soup 10 minutes more, until pasta is tender. Stir in basil and parsley
Remove "stoup" from the stove. Serve with bread, if desired.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki57 said...

Ohh this looks really good. I may just have to make it for dinner tonight.

January 9, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home