Sunday, January 27, 2008

My quest for creamy hummus is over!

I have been searching for a creamy hummus. I sometimes forget how simple a search can be..............using an incredible little search engine called Google!! So, I decided to google creamy hummus, and found one for roasted garlic hummus. I decided to make my own hummus using a combination of these two recipes, one from allrecipes.com and one from recipezaar.com. You can find the original recipes by clinking on the links below. Here is what I came up with from the above sources! It is creamy and tasty. I have found that the key to making it creamy is the addition of the warm water. Enjoy!


Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
(source: www.recipezaar.com and www.allrecipes.com)

4 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 tablespoons tahini paste
1/4 cup fresh lemon (juice juice of 1 lemon)
2 (15.5 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
1/2 cup olive oil (plain olive oil, NOT extra-virgin olive oil. In my opinion, the flavor of EVOO is not meant for this dip)
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil ( I did not have fresh, so I used 1 1/2 Tbsp of dried Basil)


Place garlic, salt, tahini, and lemon juice into a food processor; process until smooth. Pour in the garbanzo beans and 1/2 cup olive oil; process until smooth again, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add water to hummus through the opening in the top of the processor. Once smooth, add the sun-dried tomatoes, and pulse until they are incorporated into the hummus. Finally, add the basil.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour, to allow flavors to blend. Serve with vegetables, pita chips and/or pretzels.
I am so excited that my quest for a great, creamy hummus has come to an end. I was not expecting it to be so soon. Now, on to another challenge in the kitchen..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home