Sunday, January 13, 2008

Our favorite banana bread/muffins!

This is just a very basic recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book. It is sooooooo good. I usually make a banana bread, but now that I am really trying to cut back on my total calories, I thought muffins would be a better idea.


Banana Muffins

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup mashed bananas (3 medium)
3/4 cup sugar (I used Splenda instead, to make it a bit more healthy)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional) (I did not use nuts)

Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Grease twelve 2 1/2 inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups, and set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center of dry mixture; set aside.

In another bowl, combine egg, bananas, Splenda, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in nuts, if desired.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

Makes 10-12 muffins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home