Sunday, February 17, 2008

Finally made some blondies!

Where have these been all my life? They are so good, that I guess it is best it took me 30 years to come across these! You can really add in whatever you want to this basic recipe. I decided to add in plain m&m's and chopped peanuts this time. I will be making more of these in the future!

I mentioned a few months ago that I am a member of a chat room, where all we discuss is food. Well, this is one of a thousand recipes I have come across in this chat room. There is another member in the chat room who had these in her blog, so she is my source. Her chat room name is bakingblonde, and her blog is one I visit often for great ideas! I have linked the recipe below to her blog.



Peanut and Plain M&M Blondies
(source: bakingblonde from www.thenest.com)

8 Tbsp butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1/2 cup M&M's, chopped
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped


Preheat oven to 350.

Line an 8x8 pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.

In a large microwave safe mixing bowl melt the butter. Allow to cool for 5 mintues. Mix the brown sugar with the melted butter and beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla. Add salt, stir in flour and baking powder (if using). Mix in any additions (some ideas below).

Pour into prepared pan and use a greased spatula to evenly spread mixture in pan and level the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle. (I baked for 22 minutes)Cool on rack before cutting.

1 Comments:

Blogger bakingblonde said...

Those look great! I have never added plain peanuts to my blondies, I think I will try that next time, thanks for the great idea. Love your blog and recipes so keep them coming!!

February 17, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home