Sunday, February 17, 2008

The best marinade EVER!

This was a last minute dinner. I had purchased a london broil steak at the store on sale, and figured that would be our dinner that night. I looked around the internet for a way to cook this, and came across the yummiest marinade I have ever tasted. So much flavor. I will be using this for any cut of meat in the future!!

Marinated London Broil
(source: www.foodnetwork.com)

4 large garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
2/3 cup olive oil

1 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) London broil
To make marinade: In a bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients until combined well. Put London broil in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over it. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and set in a shallow dish. Marinate meat, chilled, turning bag once or twice, for 8 hours.

After marinating, I broiled this for 7 minutes each side for medium! I let the meat set for 10 minutes before cutting ans serving. Soooooo, good. I then topped a salad with the tender meat......YUM!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home