Sunday, February 17, 2008

My husband's favorite-Pot Stickers

My husband would eat Chinese or Thai take-out every day if he could. In order to save us some money, I decided to try making one of his favorites at home. They are really easy and so good.........just a bit time consuming. Eventually, I hope to make a ton of these all at once, and freezing them. That is for another day, though.

Pot Stickers
(source: a member of What's For Dinner on www.thenest.com)

1/2 pound ground turkey( I used ground pork)
1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
2 green onions, chopped (I had to omit these because my husband does not like them)
1 tbsp grated ginger (omitted because I did not have any on hand)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 package wonton wrappers, about 50
olive oil

sauce - mix together
3 TB soy sauce
2 TB rice wine vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
dash sesame oil

Cook ground pork in pan. Drain and set aside. Mix together cabbage, green onion, ginger root, salt, sugar, sesame oil and cooked pork. Chill in frig about 30 minutes.

Place about a teaspoon on the mixture in the center of the wrapper. Brush edges with water. Fold over and press to seal.

Heat a large pan and add about 2 tablespoons of oil. Place pot stickers in pan - don't crowd them. Cook about 30 seconds then flip and cook additional 30 seconds. Add about 1/4 cup water, cover pan and cook about 3 - 4 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain. Serve with dipping sauce.

2 Comments:

Blogger Baking a wish said...

We just made 120 gyoza (the Japanese word for potsticker) yesterday. They are so good aren't they. My family has hosted about 35 Japanese students and this is one of the best treats that they taught my mom was making gyoza, along with some other things. Love reading your blog!

June 23, 2008 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger C said...

Looks delicious! I'm definitely trying these this week.

December 13, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home