Sunday, February 17, 2008

WC Recipe Exchange: Mini Meatloaf Muffins

We did a recipe exchange on the cooking board I frequent, and the theme was healthy cooking. We all submit a recipe to the organizer, she randomly distributes the recipes out to everyone, and we get to try a new, healthy recipe. I am so excite dto see who made mine, and see how they came out.

This is the recipe I received. I do not like meatloaf, so this was a great dinner for my husband, because it is his favorite!!

I did have to make several changes. My regular muffin pan mysteriously disappeared weeks ago, and still has not turned up. My changes are in red below. Over all, this recipe was great, and my husband would love me to make it again!

Mini Meatloaf Muffins
(source: adapted from a recipe on Bakespace click link for original recipe)

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
1/4 cup eggbeaters (we do not use/buy eggbeaters, so I just separated the eggs and used the egg whites.)
1 small onion diced(my husband does not like onions, but likes the onions flavor. So, I used 1 tbsp onion powder.)
1/2 green pepper finely diced (I omitted these because we do not like peppers)
2/3 C. Bread Crumbs (we do not use bread crumbs because my husband is lactose intolerant, and most have dairy in them. So, I used a shake and bake packet- so good!)
1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. BBQ Sauce
1 8 oz. Can Tomato Sauce (did not have tomato sauce- I know, who runs out of tomato sauce- so I used ketchup)

DIRECTIONS:

1.) Mix all ingredients except for tomato sauce.

2.) Put into a lightly greased muffin pan.(I used large muffin pans, due to the MIA regular muffin pan)

3.) Bake for about 30 minutes at 350

4.) Remove from oven and spread tomato sauce evenly over meatloaf.

5.) Bake an additional 5 minutes. I omitted steps 4 and 5 and they were very tasty.


Yields 8 muffins, 2 muffins per serving (made 6 mega muffins)
POINTS per Serving: 5 (I am not sure how much my version changes the points. I am guessing it would be a bit more, due to the larger size of my "muffins")

1 Comments:

Blogger Trisha said...

yay! this is the one I submitted! I am not a huge meatloaf fan either but for some reason I can eat these. I am glad your hubby liked them!

February 17, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home