Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thai night!

My husband loves Thai food, and has been really missing one of his favorite restaurants in Boston. And, I had a can of coconut milk I needed to use, so what better than to make a Thai dish. It was my first attempt at making Thai, and I think it came out great. It has a bit of a kick, but not too much. And the coconut milk is nice and creamy!! My husband prefers the oil-based spicy sauces of Thai, so he didn't love this recipe. That will be the only reason I may not make it again.............so, on to hunting for a Prik Pao recipe for the husband!

Thai Curry Chicken Stirfry
(adapted from allrecipes.com)

1 can light coconut milk
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste (could use more, if you like more than mild to moderate spice)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch of asparagus, sliced in half inch pieces
1 small to medium squash, chopped
1 can of pineapple
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips


Drain pineapple, and save about 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.

In a bowl, mix the coconut milk, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, pineapple and red curry paste.

In a skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, and garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Mix in chicken strips, and cook about 3 minutes, until browned. Stir in the coconut milk sauce. Continue cooking until sauce starts to bubble. Mix in asparagus, squash and pineapple. Cook until heated through. Serve over the cooked rice. Serves 6.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

yum! this looks delicious! i love thai food; can't wait to try this

February 20, 2008 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You make my day! Can't wait until you get back in the kithen and start posting again!
http://madebymel.wordpress.com/2008/03/12/yay-you-made-my-day/

March 12, 2008 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

this looks soo good! I love thai food!

May 16, 2008 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Just a quick note to let you know the DEC/JAN recipe exchange on the "NOW THAT'S WHAT'S COOKING" blog has been posted should you wish to participate again.

You can check it out on their blog or else you can click on the lunchbag image in the righthand sidebar of my blog to join.

I hope you can join us.

November 20, 2008 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

Hi Melissa - check out my blog!! I think there is something you want to see!

www.dailydeliciousness.blogspot.com

August 19, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home